New York Doctors Tips to Stay Healthy in the Cold
The end of winter may be drawing near but you still want to stay healthy with plenty of check ups from your New York Doctor. Even though the cold snap may be behind us its imperative to keep your body in the best possible condition as the seasons start to change. From eating well to exercising and staying warm here are some great ideas to keep you in check until spring.
1. Keep Up Your Fluid Intake – When outside is icy you don’t always want to be drinking cold water but it’s still vital to keep your body hydrated. Drink plenty of decaffeinated and herbal teas to boost your immune system and keep you hydrated.
2. Stock up on Vitamins – Vitamins are fuel for your body and help keep you feeling good inside and out. If you can’t get your five fruit and veg vitamin boost everyday be sure to top up on some vitamin supplements.
3. Exercise Regularly – Even though the weather outside says snuggle up on the couch you should still make the effort to get out in the fresh air on a daily basis. Take the dog for a walk or get off the subway a few stops early to keep your heart beating strong.
4. Keep Stress Levels Down – Stress and illness go hand in hand, if you are feeling run down and you get anxious or stressed it can make your body more susceptible to catching flu and colds. If you feel the anxiety rising then do something to aid relaxation, whether it be a massage, a comedy movie or a long hot soak in the tub.
5. Sleep Well – With daylight hours shortening it can be easy for your sleep pattern to be disrupted. Keep a regular bedtime routine and try and encourage your body to rest at least 6-8 hours per night to ensure you are well rested and able to face the day.
6. Book a New York Doctor – the best way to keep on top of your health is through regular checks with your doctor. if you are feeling run down then it may be best to book an appointment.